Digital Inclusion for Roma Adults
The project aims to achieve inclusive societies in which Roma adults have equal access to e-services.
The Digital Inclusion for Roma Adults: Gaining Knowledge and Skills in eServices (DIRA) project intends to achieve inclusive societies in which Roma adults enjoy equal rights and access to services and knowledge. Moreover, the project will impact policies on the Roma, establishing cooperation to build a model of good practice for Roma adult education and eServices at local, regional, national and international levels.
The main objective of the project is the improvement of the socio-economic state of Roma adults through IT education and development of digital skills. The project focuses on competences to enable the adult population and socially excluded people to start using electronic services available in their surroundings, and to become better included in their communities and societies.
DIRA is a project that involves five international partners: Romni-APS (Italy), Udruženje gradjana Djurdjevdan (Serbia), Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies (North Macedonia), Sumnal (North Macedonia) and Deaconess Foundation (Finland). Funded by the Erasmus+ program through the Key Action 2, the program offers different countries opportunities to upgrade their knowledge in improvement of the socio economic state of Roma adults via non-formal education.
- baseline survey: Digital skills in the Roma community
- developing the DIRA learning platform and training material
- training of trainers and training the Roma on using the learning platform and eServices
- increasing Romas adults’ language skills
- networking, information dissemination and policy recommendations
- the developed DIRA learning platform, training material and trainings supporting Roma adults’ capacity to use digital tools for eServices and in education
- positive impact on the transfer of knowledge within the Roma and encouragement to participate in adult education also in future
- influencing policies and practical work of stakeholders
- increase in knowledge and skills of the participating organisations