The Deaconess Foundation’s Whistle Blower reporting channel
The Deaconess Foundation and its subsidiaries are engaged in socially impactful activities that are financially, ecologically, socially and ethically sustainable. Sustainable operations in line with the principles of good business practice support the achievement of the Group’s objectives. The values of the Deaconess Foundation include love of one’s neighbour, human dignity and responsibility.
We expect our employees and partners to comply with the legislation in force and the ethical principles of the Deaconess Foundation in their work and activities. Link to the Deaconess Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
The Whistle Blower reporting channel is based on Directive 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union concerning the protection of persons who report breaches of EU law. The purpose of the Directive is to protect people who report misconduct, wrongdoing or crime that they have observed or reasonably suspect to have occurred in the course of their work. The subject of a misconduct report may be conduct that is contrary to the law or the public interest or conduct contrary to the Deaconess Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
For example, a misconduct report may concern wrongdoing or suspected wrongdoing in the following areas:
- public procurement and competition law,
- the grey economy, prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing,
- product safety and compliance,
- occupational safety and environmental protection,
- consumer protection and public health,
- privacy and the protection of personal data, and security of network and information systems and
- the security of network and information systems in connection with the Deaconess Foundation’s international projects.
The reporting channel must not be used to unjustly or intentionally harm another person. Nor is it intended to be used to communicate client feedback, invoicing issues or matters relating to the terms and conditions of service. Feedback on these issues can be provided using a feedback form (in Finnish).
Employees of the Deaconess Foundation can also continue to report any findings directly to their supervisor.Link to the channel